Per note staff switched in chords?

From: Hans Forbrich
Subject: Per note staff switched in chords?
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 12:01:37 -0600

Since work on 1.9 is started:

Any chance of getting per-note staff switches in chords?  I'm running
into a lot more situations with a chord spanning 2 staves and the
workaround of using simultaneous & extending the stem is 'not elegant'.

One possibility:  I'd love to see a way of naming a pair of staves as a
group (already done I think) and then indicating a note switches staff
from the previous note simply using a postfix '+', or some other
variant.

Counter argument could come if a note could cross more than 2 staves,
but is this possible?

/Hans