Anybody got an apple? (benchmarking Lilypond)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Anybody got an apple? (benchmarking Lilypond)
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 23:56:21 -0700

Is anybody using LilyPond on OS X or linuxppc?  I have a favour to ask -- I'm
wondering how quickly Lilypond runs on such systems.  I've prepared a small
collection of Lilypond scores, which can be easily downloaded and compiled.
(I made a Makefile; simply do "time make all" and go for coffee)

If you're interested, you can download the package at
http://www.sfu.ca/~gperciva/test.zip

Oh, ignore all the warnings.  The output isn't quite correct -- some of
the rehearsal marks are numbers instead of letters -- but the time is
all that matters.

Here's my stats: Celeron 500, 320 megs RAM, Lily 1.8.1
# time make all

real    2m17.839s
user    2m15.260s
sys     0m2.280s