Re: dvips Problem, Round III

From: David Boersma
Subject: Re: dvips Problem, Round III
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 10:31:38 +0200 (CEST)

> >> I don't think so. lilypond executes flawlessly, but there are no
> >> output
> >> files produced in that directory, .tex or otherwise.

Hello Will,

It surprises me that your lilypond 'executed flawlessly'. I have lily
1.6.10 (still) on my home pc. I saved the text you posted into a file
test.ly (see attachment) and issued the command

lilypond test.ly

... and I got error messages:

GNU LilyPond 1.6.10
Now processing: `test.ly'
Parsing...
test.ly:3:10: error: parse error, unexpected '/':
filename=/
          home/hanwen/usr/src/savannah/lily/lilypond-1.8/input/
error: Incorrect lilypond version: 1.7.18 (1.3.146, 1.6.10)
error: Consider updating the input with the convert-ly script

test.ly:4:31: warning: Braces don't match:
template/piano.ly printfilename

Since the "filename=" and "template/..." lines probably belonged to the
previous comment lines (sentence in comment was not finished, lines have
no obvious lily purpose) I commented out those lines.

[Maybe they were already joined to the 'options are' line in your copy of
the file and the linesplitting occurred during copypasting and due to
linelength limitations in mail programs; which is why it is a good idea to
send lily sources as attachments instead of copypasted in the body of the
mail]

Then reprocess, and I still get the complaint with the version number:

GNU LilyPond 1.6.10
Now processing: `testfixed.ly'
Parsing...error: Incorrect lilypond version: 1.7.18 (1.3.146, 1.6.10)
error: Consider updating the input with the convert-ly script

... but when I replace the "1.7.18" by "1.6.10" (as suggested already in a
previous mail) it runs fine:

GNU LilyPond 1.6.10
Now processing: `testfixed.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...[2]
Preprocessing elements...
Calculating column positions... [2]
paper output to `testfixed.tex'...

Interpreting music...
MIDI output to `testfixed.midi'...
Track ...

... and I do get a testfixed.tex (and .midi) in the current working
directory.

So, could you please re-check your statement that lily ran 'flawlessly' on
the posted test file, and see what happens if you run lily on the attached
"testfixed.ly"?

Cheers,
David Boersma