tab not working in emacs lilypond-mode

From: Paul Scott
Subject: tab not working in emacs lilypond-mode
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:34:41 -0700

I get this error message when I use the tab key in lilypond-mode:
save-excursion: Symbol's function definition is void:
LilyPond-beginning-of-containing-sexp

I have tried several versions of Lilypond. I am now running 1.8.1 on Debian unstable.

It's really frustrating and time consuming to not have automatic alignment in emacs for Lilypond. Does anyone recognize this or can anyone tell me I can diagnose this?

TIA,

Paul Scott