Re: question about accidentals

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: question about accidentals
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 17:59:34 -0700

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 10:08:34 +1000
Nathan Hurst <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:08:52 -0700
> Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Apparently this is not related to the OP's question but I don't see
> > why you don't understand.  It's because that's the way Finale and
> > other software works.  If you've used other software long enough it
> > doesn't even occur to you that Lily would do it differently.
>
> Indeed, and it suggests that the documentation should make this point
> more clearly.  I made the same mistake when I started out.

I think the problem might be that the warning about pitches comes after
the introduction of \key and a discussion about ties.  I've added a
warning right _after_ the initial discussion of \key in the tutorial,
which I'm testing now.  I'll also add a warning to the refman page
about \key.

Cheers,
- Graham