slightly OT question about midi rendering

From: Lucas Gonze
Subject: slightly OT question about midi rendering
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:14:46 -0400

Sorry to get off topic so soon after starting to hang around here, but I have a question that Lilypond types are likely to know the answer to.

The problem is that tempo instructions in MIDI files are ignored by all the free sequencers I've been able to find for OS X, my working platform. The same issue was discussed on this ML before, and the responses were to abandon all hope because the problem is in the sound card.

Of course there are a bazillion software sequencers, but none of them meet the need. They're either bloated GUI tools, non-OS X, or pre-alpha dreamware. All I need is a MIDI renderer that respects tempo instructions, so that I can check my work without leaving Emacs.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

- Lucas