Strange behaviour

From: Jozsa Marton
Subject: Strange behaviour
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:54:03 +0200

I ran lilypond (1.8.1-12) on a very simple file:

text =  \lyrics { A B C }

melody = \notes { r4 c'4 e' g' }

\score {
  \addlyrics
    \melody
    \context Lyrics {
      \property Lyrics . LyricText \set #'font-relative-size = #'1
      \text

I get the error message:
Calculating line breaks... warning: No spacing wishes found. Does your score
have a staff?
[2]

However, the message disappears in two cases:
1. If I remove the line about Lyrics font size.
2. If the piece doesn't begin with a rest, but with a note, e.g. melody =
\notes { c'4 e' g r4 }

What's wrong?