html and lilypond book

From: Aaron
Subject: html and lilypond book
Date: 15 Sep 2003 21:14:47 +0300

Hi all,
I just finished reading the lilypond book help and am a bit confused.

I have a complete song I want to place on a web page.

I tried placing the file minus the header inside  <lilypond relative1
verbatim> </lilypond> but it didn't like the brackets of repeats.

I then tried running the original file through lilypond book with the
format html.

It just showed the lilypond code on a html page. not what I wanted.
Is there a way to see the song in notation?? png??
how do I make a png I tried format=png but also no go???

Thanks
Aaron