Re: Debian (Sid) packages for Lilypond 1.9.6

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Debian (Sid) packages for Lilypond 1.9.6
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:41:29 -0700

David Raleigh Arnold wrote:

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 08:41 am, Pedro Kroger wrote:
Debian Sid packages of Lilypond 1.9.6 are available from my website:

Interesting.  I didn't get that post.

(snip)

<picky>

I'm all between distributions right now, but like every lilypond
debian user who is not developing debian

I am not developing Debian. Many people I know run unstable unless they are running servers.

I run testing and/or stable, so I only install those items from sid absolutely necessary to run
lilypond-unstable.

I know many users would like the more usable versions of lilypond-unstable to be compiled for debian-stable if possible. Testing should usually be possible also. A version of anything with "sid" on it makes people nervous, as well it should.

I do a dist-upgrade from a mostly sid system almost every day and rarely (I don't remember the last one) have problems.

What I mean is that lilypond-unstable doesn't mean "Gonna
bust your system!" but debian-unstable does.

Not to me.

</picky>

Thanks again, Pedro, for doing what you're doing.  And to
all the lilypond team, thanks for a program which still has a
long way to go, but is already the best music typesetter available anywhere.
I second that.

Paul Scott