"free notation" with lilypond ?

From: Samuel Hornus
Subject: "free notation" with lilypond ?
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:39:19 +0200

Hi,

I am currently rewriting (with LaTeX) the "book" by Pierre-Yves Hasselin about
the
"Understanding and realization of ancient "chording" (I don't know the english
word)"

The version I have was written on a typewriter, with music notations drawn by
hand.
my version is pretty old (late '70 I would guess).

Most of these music notations do not correspond to "scores" strictly speaking.
(see the attached .ps example).
I'd like to use lilypond to create samples like the one I attached to that email
(example.ps)

However I found no way to do this in the documentation of lilypond.
In the attached example, full notes and quarter notes do not mean that one is
played
longer than the other (in that example, it means the quarter notes should be
"adjusted"
on the piano, using the corrersponding full note as reference)...
So each full note should be vertically aligned with a quarter note (all without
a vertical bar, just the head), as indicated in the example that I have drawn
by hand
(see attached file) with xfig.

So the question is : how to do this with lilypond ? !

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
--
Samuel Hornus