Re: Newbie question

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Newbie question
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:40:51 -0700

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:41:53 -0300
Ricardo Kirkner <address@hidden> wrote:
> 1- How do you tell lilypond to typeset all brackets of equal lenghts
> (or at least not each bracket out of two on a different lenght).

I don't know what you mean by this.  Could you give an example?

> 2- How do you put some words before the Staff and get no errors in the
> process (i have tried to use the instrument property, but then lily
> claims the word is not an instrument - in this case Soprano, for
> example)

Do you mean "how do you name an instrument"?  I'm sure that's covered
in the manual or examples, but here it is:

\property Staff.instrument = #"foo"

3- more generally: where can I find a useful documentation on
> how to achieve some specific stuff - i mean not that the lilypond docs

Search the Lilypond website, search the archives of this mailist, and
then ask here.  That's the order that I use.  :)

Oh, and don't forget to look at the "tricks and tips" and "regression
tests".

Cheers,
- Graham