Re: Newbie question

From: Ricardo Kirkner
Subject: Re: Newbie question
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 20:57:16 -0300

> > | some notes | == 1 bracket
>
> Ah, I see.  In North America, a "bracket" is normally called a "bar".

first of all, thank you for correcting my terminology. at least now I can
refer to this term correctly :-)

> Please provide an example and tell us what version you're using.  Are you
> setting the midiInstrument property instead of instrument?

here is a part of my source file

theMusic = \context Score
 <
  \context ChoirStaff = Choir <
   \context Staff = SopranoStaffOne <
   \property Staff.instrument = #"Soprano"
   \addlyrics
     \context Voice =         SopranoOneVoice { \SopranoOneNotes }
     \context Lyrics = SopranoOneLyrics { \SopranoOneLyrics }

... here go other voices ...

the output I get is:

Interpreting music...
MIDI output to 'test.ly'
Track ... warning: no such instrument: 'soprano'

I know it is just a warning, but I would like not to have it. :-)

i am using lilypond version 1.8.1 (under cygwin)

i appreciate your help

ricardo