Stanza numbers and lyric hyphens

From: Rob V
Subject: Stanza numbers and lyric hyphens
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:16:52 -0500

I’ve found the following code in the mail archives to align stanza numbers, but
it doesn’t make sense to me.

\score{
  \paper{
    \translator{
      \ScoreContext
%%% Choose which one of the following lines you want to uncomment
%      StanzaNumber \override #'break-align-symbol = #'Time_signature
      StanzaNumber \override #'break-align-symbol = #'begin-of-note

I am using 1.8.1.  Both of these options align the stanza numbers to the right.
 I can not find the parameter begin-of-note anywhere in the documentation.  Any
parameter I type in, other than clef, seems to align the stanza numbers to the
right.  Also, I can not find any examples that use break-align-symbol for any
symbol.

What I’m trying to do is get my stanza numbers closer to the lyrics, but when
the stanza numbers come up against a hyphenated word, it’s all jammed together.
 If I can’t move the stanza numbers, could I eliminate the lyric hyphens from
the beginning of the lyric lines?  If so, how?

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers