Re: splitting midi channels by voice

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: splitting midi channels by voice
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:00:26 +0200

If you haven't found it yet in the archives, a solution was posted
in
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2003-01/msg00088.html
I hope it works also with the current versions of LilyPond.

   Mats

arie-lily wrote:
On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 20:11, Arvid Grøtting wrote:

arie-lily <address@hidden> writes:

But it would be difficult for people who 'fix' things by inserting a
temporary voice on the staff.

I'm not suggesting to make it default, I'm simply asking if there's
some way I can do this in my own scores.

Yes sorry, I did not mean to oppose any good idea out of lazyness or
whatever, I was just thinking that assigning a midi channel to each
separate voice would lead to problems for those pple using temporary
voices to fix note layouts.

One obstacle however to move the assignment of midi channels from staff
to voice might be that maybe all the properties would have to be moved
from the staff context to the voice context, but I'm not aware so much
of the 'internals' of Lilypond.
But I agree that it would be nice indeed if one had the choice to assign
separate midi channels to separate voices, avoiding the need to write
each voice on a separate staff.

arie

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing