Re: Can create .ps but not .dvi

From: Philip Nelson
Subject: Re: Can create .ps but not .dvi
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 05:21:08 -0700 (PDT)

--- Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Did you install from a package or compile LilyPond yourself?

The Suse package.
> In the former case, make sure that the directory
> /usr/share/lilypond/1.6.6/fonts/type1/ exists and contains files
> like feta20.pfa.

That directory is not there.  Should the package have included that?  Without
compiling from source, is there a way to create it?

I also wonder the type1 postscript fonts tie into tex?  Since the postscript
output works, I had assumed that the postscript fonts were there.  Obviously I
don't understand how tex works with fonts.

> If you compiled yourself, make sure to read what INSTALL.txt has
> to say about mftrace, PDF files and pfa fonts.

I may try to compile and see how it goes.