Re: oops

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: oops
Date: 23 Sep 2003 14:47:59 +0000

> Don't try to copy LilyPond files into the ordinary texmf tree!

Ok, I've undone that.  And now I'm getting the "I can't find
'lilyponddefs' " error.

> If you just run 'make install' and make sure to source the
> file buildscripts/out/lilypond-profile to set some environment
> variables, everything should work out of the box.

After 'make all' I did 'make install' and then

'. /usr/src/buildscripts/out/lilypond-profile'

Am I doing it right?  That business about "sourcing" a script was always
a bit vague to me.  I thought that I was finally doing it right as
things have been working (except when I missed a font change or CVS
needed fixing).

Ah, I just looked in 'lilypond-profile' and saw some directions.  I did

'mv lilypond-profile /etc/profile.d/lilypond.sh'

Then I opened a new terminal window and it all worked fine.  So it seems
that I've finally got it straight now.

One other question: During 'make all' it appears as though the PFA fonts
are being built.  Is this true, or do I still need to make/install them
after building Lily?

Thanks!

-David Bobroff