Re: Debian (Sid) packages for Lilypond 1.9.8

From: Pedro Kroger
Subject: Re: Debian (Sid) packages for Lilypond 1.9.8
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:08:00 -0300

* Ferenc Wagner (address@hidden) wrote:
> > Debian Sid packages of Lilypond 1.9.8 are available from
> > my website:

> Could you make the sources available, too?

Sorry, I couldn't make it for 1.9.8, but I did for 2.0. They are
already in my website

> I will try to follow with Woody packages, then.

That's great!

> Also, do you perhaps know a way to build the lilypond deb only, not
> the docs?

No I don't. I guess it doesn't compile only the docs "out of the
box". to do that one has to comment out the related code in
debian/rules. Would be nice to be able to do that without much pain,
thought.

> Or is it the font generation which takes long, and leaving the
> documentation out will not buy me much?

I'm not sure, but I think _both_ take a looooooong time to
compile. Anyway, it takes 2 hours to compile lilypond (binary and doc)
in my box (amd duron 900, 320 Megs). But I really would like to know
how long each "thing" takes to compile.

> And further, what does it depend on whether a package is considered
> part of stable or unstable?

should be stable only, but some packages are unavailable like guile
1.6 :(

It's kind of messy, and to be very honest, I haven't done much to help
in that respect. When a new release come out I just download, edit the
debian/changelog file (otherwise it won't compile) and upload to my
website. I'm looking forward to create the debian-snapshot package and
try to make the development builds less "hacky".

> Whatever it is, I should probably change it.

I think so.

Pedro