can't open lilypond

From: Aksel Kjær
Subject: can't open lilypond
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 22:58:53 +0200

I have downloaded LilyPond 1.6.11, Windows version. As far as I can see i have about 50 megabyte files on my hard-disk, but I can't reach the files. I have got the cygwin-icon on my desktop, but when I try to open it I get nothing but a black window. which I  furthermore cannot close the normal way.
I have tried to run the the program using
C:\cygwin\usr\share\lilypond1.6.11 but I only get a list concerning the files and no hint what to do next.
I have also tried to make a bug.txt file as it is suggested in the online manual, but nothing seems to happen.
I hope you'll be able to help me.
Yours sincerely
Aksel Kjær