Re: No time signature

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: No time signature
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 20:25:38 -0700

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:07:08 +0200
Pierre Fran <address@hidden> wrote:
> Graham Percival wrote:
> >>About a possible way for removing the time signature,

PLEASE keep LilyPond questions on the mailist -- you should probably
do something like "reply to group" or "reply to mailist", depending
upon your email client.

> I found a way to suppress the time signature and the time bars,
> that is to put:
>
>    \property Staff.TimeSignature = \turnOff
>    \property Score.defaultBarType = \turnOff
>
> This does the job, but doesn't suppress the bar numbers, if any!!!
> I don't wan't to see these bar numbers.

Have you checked the examples?  (they're in the directory input/test/ ,
and you might also want to check out input/regression/ .  You can also
see them in the web documentation, although I forget what they're
called in the 1.6.0 documentation)

I'm certain that one of them has the info you want.

> After a lot of search efforts with the 1.6.0 manual, I guess I
> understood I should have to define the property
>
>    \property Score.barNumberVisibility = ???
>
> to something like a procedure returning always false (#f).
>
> HOW DO I HAVE TO DO THAT (i.e. what to put instead of the ???)?

The reason I'm pointing you at the examples is that I can't remember
offhand.  It's probably something like #f or ##f.

- Graham