Re: several questions about writing an entire work

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: several questions about writing an entire work
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 20:57:06 -0700

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:27:25 +0200
Service Financier <address@hidden> wrote:
> Here take place my remarks:
>
> 1-the \tempo command
>       * wonderfull printing compared to the formerly tricks, but unable to
> combine with text
>         (eg. Moderato 1/4note = 72 )

I'm fairly certain that this can be done, but I'm not certain about how to
do it.

> 2-page breaks, while working with includes
>       I have tried several ways to force a page break between two movements,
>       but no way to have them work (except one trick - run make ps on
> 0Flute.ly )
>  .

There's two ways you can do this:
- use something like  \header { piece = "\\newpage" }   in the \score{} section
of each movement.  There are some Mozart string quartets on Mutopia
http://www.mutopiaproject.org/index.html
that demonstrate this.
- use lilypond-book and standard LaTeX commands.

Cheers,
- Graham