Re: Installed Lilypond (Cygwin & Lilypond) 1.8.2-1, can't run it

From: Jim Bartram
Subject: Re: Installed Lilypond (Cygwin & Lilypond) 1.8.2-1, can't run it
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 18:55:09 -0700

My apologies for a rather panicked post! After some poking around and reading
posts, I've made a little progress.  I can get Lilypond to try to create the
simple score in "test.ly", and it apparently fails to find the fonts. The fonts
are certainly there, in cygwin, so I suppose that there must be a need for a
path that Lilypond can use. I'm not at all expert at cygwin or bash, so it's a
little murky at this point.

If someone can shed a little light at this point, I'd be most grateful, even if
just pointers to documentation!

-Jim

<-- I said:>
Hi, I just installed the windows release (1.8.2-1), and using double-clicking
test.ly produces a) a need to select Acrobat reader, and b) Acrobat simply
tells me that my file is corrupted (which it is not). How do I launch Lilypond?
Clearly, it needs to do some processing! I religiously followed the directions
on http://lilypond.org/web/download/windows.html. Help!!! -Jim
<-->>