Re: lilypond 1.9.2 resolution/font issues on OS X 10.2.6/Fink

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: lilypond 1.9.2 resolution/font issues on OS X 10.2.6/Fink
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:56:59 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> Hello, Mats:
>
> Thanks again for all the help -- after some effort, I believe I was
> able to install the fonts correctly. Now, running ly2dvi -p appears to
> work as expected, and the output looks much cleaner (i.e., totally
> clean!).
>
> However, as I zoomed in to admire the crisp Postscript output, I
> noticed that the stems do not quite blend into the noteheads, as per
> the following screenshots:
>

> Is this a known issue, or is something still amiss with my installation?

No - it seems fine. There are some rounding issues which cause
individual objects to be off by 1/8000th inch (the resolution used for
creating the PDF file) . Apparently, we must make the hole in the half
notehead a little smaller, Although I doubt that this will be
discernible on 1200dpi print-outs.