Re: Style sheets

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Style sheets
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:17:36 +0200

In contrast to the "common.ly" file sent by Nicolas earlier today,
Thorkil's file is a template, similar to all the template files
that are included in the LilyPond distribution in
.../doc/input/templates/.

If I were you, I would put definitions like "Dynamics" context
in a separate common.ly file, since these things are more likely
to have to be updated when new versions of LilyPond appear and in
that case, you don't want to update every single input file.

\include "paper16.ly"
\paper  { papersize = "a4" }

If you really want to change the paper size, you have to
include "paper16.ly" or some other of the "paperNN.ly"
files AFTER you have set the papersize variables, otherwise
it won't have any effect, see the reference manual.
In this case it doesn't really matter, since a4 already is the
default but if you want letter size, for example, you have to
switch the two lines.

   Mats