Re: LilyPond Doc as JavaHelp

From: Aaron
Subject: Re: LilyPond Doc as JavaHelp
Date: 01 Oct 2003 07:21:14 +0300

HI,
What your plans are for this plugin? And Lilypond with JEdit??

I am currently using vim because of its hebrew support.

>From the list It seems that most of the users are using emacs. I think
that it is a good thng that other editors support Lilypond.
That said the editors for lilypond emacs and vim to some extent offer
some very heavy features.

Some are in development and some already in place.

simple note entry
note entry from a midi keyboard
autocompletion
brackets watched
The ability to hear the notes as they are added (in progress I hope)
shortcuts for common commands
and much more.

If the only features are a tree view and text search this will be a
nonstarter????

If this is just a beginning then I give you my best wishes because there
is a lot that could be done with java in this regards.

Aaron