Need tweak advice for long run of grace notes

From: Larry Gilbert
Subject: Need tweak advice for long run of grace notes
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 13:35:55 -0600 (MDT)

Hi all,

I have a complicated piano piece that I've been working on transcribing
since Lily 1.4.x.  Now I'm up to 2.0.0.  It's gotten a bit easier with
some of the newer features, but I still find some problems that I have to
kluge around.

The one I'm stuck on at the moment is a long, beamed string of grace notes
(on the order of 16-20).  The notes start on the lower staff, then switch
to the upper staff as they ramp up the scale.  (I'm doing the staff change
manually because I can't figure out any other way.)  In the original sheet
music, there's one long bar over the tops of all of the notes, but Lily
ends up drawing a bar right down the middle of them, which looks really
strange (apart from making the passage unreadable).

I'm guessing that the easiest way to fix this is to manually override the
position of the right end of the beam, but I can't seem to find anything
in the manual on how to do that.  (I'm sure it's in there, but I'm just
not grokking the manual's organization.)

Any help would be great.  I can also provide a specific excerpt if that
would be helpful.  Thanks.

--
Larry Gilbert
Renton, WA, USA