Re: Two Lilies on one box?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Two Lilies on one box?
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 11:23:28 +0200

That shouldn't be too hard, especially if you are compiling Lily
yourself and can set the installation directory using
./configure --prefix=...
If you have at least one of the installations in a directory with
write access for ordinary users, then the generated font files for
the two versions should end up in different places so you shouldn't
get any font clashes.
Just remember to source the corresponding versions of lilypond-profile
when you switch Lily version (actually, as long as you use ly2dvi,
now renamed to lilypond, with flags -p or -P and only view the .ps
or .pdf, there's no need to source these files, just set the path
to the corresponding binaries).

   Mats

Amelie Zapf wrote:
Hi everybody,

For "production" reasons, I haven't upgraded from Lily 1.6.10 yet. However, I'm excited about Lilypond 2.0 and would love to try it out.

Is there a way to install two versions of Lilypond on one computer (Linux, preferably system-wide), without running into problems? I tend to think that fonts, and generally the whole LaTeX interaction could be a problem. Is that so?

Albest,

Amy

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing