Re: Volta examples?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Volta examples?
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 17:48:44 -0700

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 17:37:04 -0700
Jim Bartram <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have a brief piece, just eight bars of 6/8. The last measure of the eight
> is Repeat 1, and the second time through the eighth bar is the 2nd (final)
> ending. This should not be too complicated to create! If anyone has a
> sample that does this, I'd be most grateful for the help. An extra bonus
> would be an explanation of how this is supposed to work!

\score{ \notes {
        \time 6/8
        \repeat volta 2 {
                bar1
                bar2
                bar3
                bar4
                bar5
                bar6
                }
                \alternate {
                        { bar7 }
                        { bar8 }
                        }
        \bar "\."
}}

There's an example that's almost exactly like this in the user manual (under
"repeat syntax").  What part of that page was hard to understand?  We're trying
to improve the manual, so we'd be greatful for any hints about what causes
confusion.

Cheers,
- Graham