Re: multiple markups when combining voices on single staff

From: Niki Pantelias
Subject: Re: multiple markups when combining voices on single staff
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 23:20:47 -0400

  Hi Graham (everyone),

  Thanks for the reply.  I have experimented a bit with \partcombine, but I
believe it is limited to only two voices; I need to put three or four voices
on a single staff.  Also, I'd like to have the stems "shared" across
noteheads not set in opposite directions as \partcombine does.

 Just using simultaneous music, as I've been doing so far, combines noteheads
and dynamic markings exactly as I'd like, but doesn't seem to work so well
for articulation or solo sections (where it sets notes and rests on top of
each other).

  Does anyone know if this is supposed to work, or if there is a workaround?
Or a way to make \partcombine work with more than two voices?

  thanks,
  -- Niki