etf2ly off-by-two in minor scales?

From: Arvid Grøtting
Subject: etf2ly off-by-two in minor scales?
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:43:09 +0200

I recently tried etf2ly on a Finale ETF file I got from our conductor,
and while the results are beautiful (and arguably much more so than
the original), they're also definitely wrong.  More precisely, notes
in a minor key appear two positions above the place where they should.

What should have been rendered as (linefeeds and comments removed):

    \key fis \minor
    fis2. ~ | fis2. | fis4. ~ fis8 gis4 | a4. ~ a8 b4

...becomes:

    \key a \major
    a2. ~ | a2. | a4. ~ a8 b8 | cis'4. ~ cis'8 d'4

Accidentals follow the position, so transposing is of no help:

    \key fis \minor
    e4. dis4.

...is instead rendered as

    \key a \major
    gis4. fisis4.

A part in fis major comes through correctly.

This seems to be a etf2ly issue.  Is it a known bug?  Is there an easy
fix?

--

Arvid