Re: etf2ly off-by-two in minor scales?

From: Aaron
Subject: Re: etf2ly off-by-two in minor scales?
Date: 06 Oct 2003 22:54:33 +0200

hi, I noticed a etf2ly post.
I have a lot of songs to convert from finale etf to ly.
While I realize that this is not top priority and that much of the
problem lies on the etf side, a good convertor would only help the
cause.
So much space is spent on the web page showing how much better lilypond
is, but the way to prove it is to make it easy for the finale folks to
compare for themselves.

Boy I wish I was a programmer....

I have many problems with etf2ly and am planning to post them with
examples to the group soon.

I do remember a number of discussions on musicxml2ly and the negitive
response to in on the list.

However if etf is at fault for the conversion problem from finale to
lilypond, maybe it is the way to go.

Someone who has been working on a symphony in finale shouldn't need to
start over from scratch.

I realize that this is an issue of time and resources an that the first
development effort must go into make lilypond the best it can be.

But for me at least it is not quicker reentering 300 songs by hand, and
no I don't need practice touch typing thank you.

Aaron