replace chords by text in chordnames

From: José Luis Cruz
Subject: replace chords by text in chordnames
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:14:33 +0200

I wonder how could i enter my own text in a ChordNames staff. I want
to have a chordnames all at the same vertical distance, but sometimes
i also want to insert symbols, parenthesis, and texts. So, if i
put a markup each note, it is created at his own height, and it's not
good looking.

So.. anybody knows how to make a staff with only markups, all at the
same height? Like chordnames, but with the text i want. And with
durations, like chordnames, to coincide with notes. I have thought if
not doing it with lyrics, but doesnt convince me much. It would be
great to modify the list of chords in chordnames. Anyone have done it
before?

Thanks in advance,
José Luis