RE: Extra staves

From: Ralph Little
Subject: RE: Extra staves
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:07:37 +0100

Woooohoooo! That's just the ticket!
Many thanks Mats!

I missed the meaning of \accepts in the doc and also that you could include
existing contexts in a new context definition by mentioning it.
I did try copying the ScoreContext definition from engraver-init.ly, which
would have worked had it not been for the fact that I missed the \accepts
for the ScoreContext.
Also, you don't seem to need the StaffGroup context for this to work. It
might cause me grief when I come to put the part into a score with other
parts, but we'll see...

Here is the final example and is JUST what I'm after:

Han-Wen and Jan, would it be worth putting this in the Tips and Tricks
section of the manual?

Lilypond just gets better and better!

Many thanks,
Ralph

-----------------------8<-----------------------8<-----------------------8<-
---------

\score {
        \notes {
                \relative c' {
                        \context Staff = One { c4 d e f }
                        <<
                                {c d e f c d e f c c c c c c c c }
                                \context SubStaff = Two { c4 d e f c d e f c
c c c c c c c }

                        c d e f
        \paper {
                \translator {
                        \ScoreContext
                        \consists Span_bar_engraver
                        \remove System_start_delimiter_engraver
                        \accepts "SubStaff"
                }
                \translator {
                        \StaffContext
                        \name "SubStaff"
                        \alias "Staff"
                        \remove "Clef_engraver"
                        \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
                        \remove "Key_engraver"

---------

Our communications with you matter to us. This e-mail and any attachments
are confidential and are sent on the basis of our copyright, e-mail and
security policy which can be inspected by visiting
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk/contact_index.asp. and clicking on the print
friendly link. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender and delete this message.  Thank you.