Re: efficient score and part production

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: efficient score and part production
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:46:58 +0200

I don't really see any advantage of using sed or some other
preprocessor compared to the ordinary features of LilyPond:

\repeat unfold 3 { R1 }

or

Notes={...}
MeasureRest={...}
SomethingElse={...}

{\Notes \Notes
\MeasureRest
\MeasureRest
\MeasureRest
\repeat unfold 10 \SomethingElse

   /Mats

David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
On Monday 13 October 2003 10:50 pm, Paul Scott wrote:

I have posted variations of this before and I am at least curious
what some of you do to save work here.

Of course I use sly. I am converting it to python, and not yet around the bend on the learning curve, but here is a sed filter that fills
empty lines with whatever you choose.

In xxx.ly:
measureRest = {\notes s1}

(The necessity for \notes is/was? a bug.)

The filter:

# pie.sed --put into empty lines, no tabs
/%pie=/{
s/.*%pie=//
/^ *$/{

Sample file:

notes notes %pie=measureRest

notes %pie=somethingElse

-----end

Result:

notes notes
measureRest
measureRest
measureRest
notes
somethingElse
-----end

To use it in an xxx.ly file which is not just parts, address the interesting portions:

/%{start%},%{end%}/{
#put stuff here
}

or use: