Re: Tuplets!

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Tuplets!
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:24:02 +0200

I just copied some examples of property settings from
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Beaming.html
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Setting-automatic-beam-behavior.html
and
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Tuplets.html
and came up with the following example:

\score{\notes\relative c'{
\property Voice.autoBeamSettings \override #'(end * * * *) = #(ly:make-moment 1 4)
\property Voice.subdivideBeams = ##t
\property Score.beatLength = #(ly:make-moment 1 8)

\property Voice.tupletSpannerDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 4)

\times 4/6 {
c16 d e f g a g f e d c b a b c d e f e f g a b c }
}}

   /Mats

Jim Bartram wrote:
(using V. 2.0 on Windows)

I'm going slightly out of my mind trying to get a particular result with
triplets. I've been experimenting with the examples, but not getting
anywhere fast. What I want to enter is a bar of 4/4 time, where each beat
has two sixteenth-note triplets. I'm also looking for two beams (for the
sixteenth notes), with a single beam connecting these two triplets, so all
the noes in each beat is beamed.

Whenever I try to enter sixteenth-note triplets, I get just stems, not
beams. I'm sure it's possible, just not happening!

Thanks for any help with this...

Regards,

-Jim