instrument-name-again

From: David Bobroff
Subject: instrument-name-again
Date: 17 Oct 2003 13:27:00 +0000

Mats and Graham,

Thanks for the input on the instrument name trouble I was having.
Before I got your responses I found *a* solution.  I ended up creating a
set of "score-defs" which essentially followed the format of the staff
definitions but added the instrument name property.  A bit kludgy
compared to what is done by Those Who Know What They Are Doing but it
worked.  I'll have a closer look at your suggestions.

> Or simply use {...} instead of <<...>>

I thought I had tried that.  I tried many posssibilities but had some
sort of problem with each.

>I bet
>that you defined staffA as a \context Staff instead of as a \context
>Voice.
>When Lily sees a \context Staff, it makes a new one.

I suspect this may be where the throuble lies.

>If you give each staff the same name, you should be able to avoid that:
>\context Staff=foo <<
>        bar

Hmm, I thought it was necessary to give each staff its own name.  Is
this only if they're in the same context together?  This baffles me
slightly.

Thanks,

-David Bobroff