Re: piano_reduction & grand_score

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: piano_reduction & grand_score
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:08:26 +0200

Well, here it comes:

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Here comes a modified copy of your example that
should solve most of your questions (I put it all
into a single file for simplicity, but I realize
that you may want to split it in a full size project.)

neuro wrote:

Question of a Newbies...
I am useing Lilypond 2.0.1 .
Suppose I have 3 part .ly files :
horn.ly , clarinet1.ly , and clarinet2.ly .

I'd like to have 1) a piano reduction score, in concert pitch, from the 3 part score, say, piano_reduction.ly and 2) a grand score, with all the clarinet parts in just one staff, say
grand_score.ly
thus, there will be two staff here, one for horn, and one for 2 clarinets,
and its midi (with every part altogether).

Can anyone be kind to show me how to do this?
Or show me where to find the answer from the lilypond 2.0.1 document :
http://neuro.ohbi.net/lilypond/Documentation/out-www/

Thank you very much.

Neuro
===

# cat horn.ly
hornpart = \notes  {
\property Staff.midiInstrument = "french horn"
\property Staff.instrument = "Horn in F"
\property Staff.transposing = #-7
\time 4/4
\key af \major
\clef treble
af'1
}
% end of horn.ly

===

# cat clarinet1.ly
clarinetone = \notes  {
\property Staff.midiInstrument = "clarinet"
\property Staff.instrument = "Clarinet 1 in Bb"
%
% another question here: How to make the flat sign here ?
%
\property Staff.transposing = #-2
\time 4/4
\key ef \major
\clef treble
bf'2 c''4 d''4
}
% end of clarinet1.ly

===

# cat clarinet2.ly
clarinettwo = \notes  {
\property Staff.midiInstrument = "clarinet"
\property Staff.instrument = "Clarinet 2 in Bb"
\property Staff.transposing = #-2
\time 4/4
\key ef \major
\clef treble
g'2 af'2 }
% end of clarinet2.ly

===

# cat piano_reduction.ly
%
% I know this is wrong ...
% But  I don't know what is right.
%
\include horn.ly
\include clarinet1.ly
\include clarinet2.ly
\include "english.ly"
\include "paper20.ly"
\version "2.0.1"
\header { }
\paper  { }

\score { \note
<< \ new \hornpart { \transpose c f \hornpart }

\ new \clarinet
{ \transpose c bf \clarinetone
\transpose c bf  \clarinettwo
}

\paper {} \midi { \tempo 4 = 80 }
}

% end of piano_reduction.ly

===

Thank you very much

neuro
http://neuro.ohbi.net

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
        Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: address@hidden
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe
\version "2.0.1"
\include "english.ly"

hornpart = \notes  {
\property Staff.midiInstrument = "french horn"
%\property Staff.instrument = "Horn in F"
\property Staff.transposing = #-7
\time 4/4
\key af \major
\clef treble
af'1
}

clarinetone = \notes  {
\property Staff.midiInstrument = "clarinet"
%\property Staff.instrument = \markup{ Clarinet 1 in B \musicglyph
#"accidentals--2" }
\property Staff.transposing = #-2
\time 4/4
\key ef \major
\clef treble
bf'2 c''4 d''4
}
clarinettwo = \notes  {
\property Staff.midiInstrument = "clarinet"
%\property Staff.instrument = \markup{ Clarinet 2 in B \musicglyph
#"accidentals--2" }
\property Staff.transposing = #-2
\time 4/4
\key ef \major
\clef treble
g'2 af'2
}
% end of clarinet2.ly

%%%%% Piano reduction

\version "2.0.1"
\header { }

\score { \notes{
\new PianoStaff<<
  \new Staff \transpose c f  \hornpart

  \new Staff <<
    \transpose c bf  \clarinetone \\
    \transpose c bf  \clarinettwo

}

\paper {}
\midi { \tempo 4 = 80 }

}

%%%%% Grand Score

\header { }

\score { \notes{
\new GrandStaff<<
  \new Staff {
    \property Staff.instrument = "Horn in F"
    \hornpart
  }

  \new Staff <<
    \property Staff.instrument = \markup{ Clarinetti in B \musicglyph
#"accidentals--2" }
    \clarinetone \\
    \clarinettwo

}