Anybody got an apple? (benchmarking Lilypond)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Anybody got an apple? (benchmarking Lilypond)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 01:17:32 -0700

As an update to my request for benchmarks... I've just gotten one of the
new 12" powerbooks.  X doesn't work yet, but I don't need X just to
run LilyPond without viewing the output.

Compiling my test scores:

new laptop: G4 1000, 256 megs RAM, Lily 1.8.1, Debian GNU/Linux
real  1m28.413s
user  1m20.712s
sys   0m4.853s

old desktop: Celeron 500, 320 megs RAM, Lily 1.8.1, Debian GNU/Linux
# time make all

real    2m17.839s
user    2m15.260s
sys     0m2.280s

I can't test it under OSX for about another week, but I'm quite
curious as to which OS is faster.  Now if only I could compile
the CVS branch... :(

Cheers,
- Graham