Re: new title on multiple \score blocks in same file

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: new title on multiple \score blocks in same file
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 17:40:43 +0100

I send a copy of this to bug-lilypond since it's a feature request.

As you have noted, you will only get a new indication of piece and opus
for each subsequent \score. I agree with you that it would be great to
have some option to automatically print a number of individual parts
from a single input file. However, then you would also like a new page
for each new \score. Also, the page numbers should be reset and maybe
the layout should be changed to typeset the instrument name in the
page heading.

Waiting for this feature, I usually solve the problem using
lilypond-book. Attached, you can find one example file.

   /Mats

Niki Pantelias wrote:
  Hi everyone,

Is there a simple way to get a page break and complete new titling at the start of each new \score block within a single file?

I've tried putting a new complete \header block within each \score block, since I've seen several emails on the list archives that seem to imply that that should work (e.g. http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2003-10/msg00021.html, http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2002-06/msg00303.html). However, this doesn't give me complete titling for each new \score block -- I get titling on the first score but subsequent scores get only piece and opus. My immediate application is printing individual parts, which of course need to be on separate pages with complete titles on each. E.g.,

\include "SaxOneNotes.ly"
\include "SaxTwoNotes.ly"

\score { \SaxOneNotes
  \header {title = "Example"
           instrument = "1st Alto Sax" } }

\score { \SaxTwoNotes
  \header {title = "\\newpage Example"
           instrument = "2nd Alto Sax"} }

  Thanks,
  -- Niki

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
        Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: address@hidden
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe
%\version "1.7.6"

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}

\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}

\usepackage[margin=10mm,vmargin=5mm,nofoot,headsep=0mm,verbose]{geometry}
\input{lilyponddefs.tex}
\input{titledefs.tex}

% Redefine the page headings:
\makeatletter
address@hidden
    address@hidden@address@hidden@empty
\makeatother

\pagestyle{myheadings}

\begin{document}

\def\mustmakelilypondtitle{abcd}

\markboth{\upshape Erste Violinen}{\upshape Erste Violinen}

\begin[20pt,nofragment]{lilypond}
  \include "mymusic.ly"
\score{
  \context Staff = viI <\viI \tempi>
  \paper{interscoreline=0.\pt interscorelinefill=1}
  \midi{\tempo 4 . =50}
}
\end{lilypond}

\clearpage

\def\mustmakelilypondtitle{abcd}

\markboth{\upshape Zweite Violinen}{\upshape Zweite Violinen}

\begin[20pt,nofragment]{lilypond}
  \include "mymusic.ly"
\score{
  \context Staff = viII <\viII \tempi>
  \paper{interscoreline=0.\pt interscorelinefill=1}
  \midi{\tempo 4 . =50}
}
\end{lilypond}

\clearpage

\def\mustmakelilypondtitle{abcd}

\markboth{\upshape Bratschen}{\upshape Bratschen}

\begin[20pt,nofragment]{lilypond}
  \include "mymusic.ly"
\score{
  \context Staff = vla <\vla \tempi>
}
\end{lilypond}

\clearpage

\def\mustmakelilypondtitle{abcd}

\markboth{\upshape Violoncelle}{\upshape Violoncelle}

\begin[20pt,nofragment]{lilypond}
  \include "mymusic.ly"
\score{
  \context Staff = vlc <\vlc \tempi>
}
\end{lilypond}

\clearpage

\def\mustmakelilypondtitle{abcd}

\markboth{\upshape Kontrabässe}{\upshape Kontrabässe}

\begin[20pt,nofragment]{lilypond}
  \include "mymusic.ly"
\score{
  \context Staff = cb <\cb \tempi>