overriding accidental placement (padding)

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: overriding accidental placement (padding)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:24:15 -0500

[ Lilypond 2.0.1; Mac OS X 10.2.8 ]

Hello, all --

I'm trying to put together a "house style" document (to be included in all my .ly files), and want to add a little more padding between a notehead and its first accidental (going right to left, that is).

However, I've not been successful (i.e., there has been no effect) with the two things I've tried:

    \property Score.Accidental \override #'right-padding = #'0.25
\property Score.AccidentalPlacement \override #'right-padding = #'0.25

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Kieren.