Re: making non-TeX fonts available to Lilypond

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: making non-TeX fonts available to Lilypond
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:32:03 +0100

This is actually more of a general LaTeX question than a LilyPond
question. A starting point is the documentation of the teTeX system,
just write the command 'texdoc TETEXDOC' to view it and look at the
section on 'Using Postscript type 1 fonts'. I searched around at
CTAN (www.ctan.org or any of its mirror sites) and found some more
instructions, for example
ftp://ctan.cms.math.ca/tex-archive/info/TrueType/ttf-tetex.pdf
and
ftp://ctan.cms.math.ca/tex-archive/info/Type1fonts/fontinstallationguide.pdf

Once you have managed to use a font in an ordinary LaTeX document,
it should not be difficult to include it in a LilyPond score.
Use
\header{
  latexpackages = "mypackage"
}
where you would use
\usepackage{mypackage}
in LaTeX. If you need some LaTeX command to access a font,
just insert the command in the text string to LilyPond but
replace every '\' with '\\', for example
title = "\\myspecialfont{sjdfoijwer}"
or
c^"\\myspecialfont{oiwnerkwerisf}"

Good luck!

   /Mats

Kieren Richard MacMillan wrote:
[ Lilypond 2.0.1; Mac OS X 10.2.8 ]

Hello, all --

Sorry if this is a "RT(F)M" question, but I *did* RT(F)M -- and even searched the list archive a bit -- and still don't quite understand what I need to do... ;-)

I want to use (for titles, tempo indications, score markings, etc.) fonts that I have in Type 1 (Postscript) and TrueType format. How do I make them available to Lilypond?

Any assistance (e.g. a link to a how-to guide) would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kieren.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing