Re: overriding accidental placement (padding)

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: overriding accidental placement (padding)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:19:13 +0100

First of all, your syntax for numerical values is wrong, secondly it
turns out that the property you want to use is padding. This is
certainly not clear from the documentation and the source code looks
too messy to be able to say exactly what the right-padding property
does, but my guess is that it's only relevant when you have a chord
with several colliding accidentals. So, try something like
  \property Score.AccidentalPlacement \override #'padding = #0.25

   /Mats

Kieren Richard MacMillan wrote:
[ Lilypond 2.0.1; Mac OS X 10.2.8 ]

Hello, all --

I'm trying to put together a "house style" document (to be included in all my .ly files), and want to add a little more padding between a notehead and its first accidental (going right to left, that is).

However, I've not been successful (i.e., there has been no effect) with the two things I've tried:

    \property Score.Accidental \override #'right-padding = #'0.25
    \property Score.AccidentalPlacement \override #'right-padding = #'0.25

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Kieren.

        Mats Bengtsson