midi2ly error message

From: Guido Milanese
Subject: midi2ly error message
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 22:24:07 +0100

I apologize for asking a question that seems to be almost a FAQ, but
checking with Google I found only answers useful for the Windows
version, while I am using lilypond on a Linux Mandrake system.

The question regards an error message of midi2ly:

  File "/usr//bin/midi2ly", line 43, in ?
    import midi
ImportError: No module named midi

I read how to solve it in Windows, but what about Linux?
Which file is the script looking for? And where can I download the
file from?
The version of lilypond I am running is 1.7.14.

Many thanks!
gm

--
Guido Milanese
Vocal Ensemble Ars Antiqua, Genova, Italy