Special Characters in Lilypond and Latex

From: Rob V
Subject: Special Characters in Lilypond and Latex
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 21:14:49 -0500

I have entered special characters in my lilypond files like s-caron
with “\\v{s}”.  I’m using lilypond
2.0.1 on Cygwin.  When I ran my files through lilypond and lilypond-book,
everything was ok.

I also need to have the special characters in the text of my Latex document.
When I use the
default font and add the Latex commands like \v{s}, everything works ok.  I
tried switching the font to
Bitstream Optima, and found that the character encoding must be different.  In
order to access the
special characters, I added “\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}” to my document.  I was
able to access
the characters by changing the code number to \char178, for example (which I
found is \char154 in
lilypond).  But after I added “\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}” the special characters
in my lilypond
files disappeared.  I experimented using [LY1]{fontenc}, after reading
suggestions to Ario, but
that didn’t get them back either.

Is there anything I can do to fix the problem?
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers