Another Two-Voice Question

From: Will Oram
Subject: Another Two-Voice Question
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 17:59:26 -0500

Thanks for the answer supplied long ago for how to connect similar noteheads of different voices. Once I got lilypond back up on my computer it worked nicely.

Then, tonight, I came upon this to balance:
  __________
 |    ------|
 |          |
     |    |
      ----
     3

In other words, a dotted eighth beamed to a sixteenth. The lower voice is a triplet of eighths, the first of which is a rest. The last notehead is the same for both voices.

If everything were eighths like I was used to, it would be 8*4/3 then 8*2/3. I tried a lot of math to get an equivalent for the above. I got 8*5/3 and 16*1/3, which lilypond didn't like.

What's the best way to work this?

Will Oram
address@hidden // address@hidden // AIM spamguy21