Re: Help defining commands

From: rtml
Subject: Re: Help defining commands
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:44:48 +0100

Hi Mats and all

At 09:21 25/11/2003 +0100, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Simple, just say something like

startBarre = \notes{
 \property blabla.blabla \override #'blalba  = #blablabla
 \startTextSpan
}

That's fine, but I think you have missed one part ogf Guy's question. Is it possible to pass a parameter to the startBarre macro/function ? Because the text must be variable. It's a C followed by roman numerals of the fret (I to XII or more) It would be nice to state \startBarre{VII} or something similar. Other way would be to define 12 or more functions :-(

Guy Shaviv wrote:

I'm trying to typeset music for classical guitar for which I need to be able to produce the barre symbol. I've managed to acheive the desired output with text spanners via the code:

\property Voice.TextSpanner \set #'edge-text = #'("C II " . "")
\property Voice.TextSpanner \set #'direction = #1
\property Voice.TextSpanner \set #'style = #'line
\property Voice.TextSpanner \set #'edge-height = #'(0 . 0.5)
\property Voice.TextSpanner \set #'padding = #1
\property Voice.TextSpanner \set #'enclose-bounds = ##t

c''\startTextSpan ..... \stopTextSpan

I'de like to define this as a pair of commands. The first would be \statBarre which would take as a parameter the barre position, say \startBarre "IV". The position has to be concatinated with the "C" symbol and replaced as the first parameter in the edge-text property. The second command is a simple \stopBarre which I think I can do by just defining:

stopBarre = \stopTextSpan.

Thanks.
--
Guy Shaviv
+++The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this document.+++