Re: Divisi and Unison

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Divisi and Unison
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 19:26:35 +0100

\paper {    papersize = "letter"
          indent = 0.0\in }

\score {
        \new GrandStaff { \notes {
                        d'4 d' d' d' |
                        d' d' d' d' |
                        d' d' d' d' | \break
                        <<
                          { e'4 e' e' e' }
                          \new Staff { c'4 c' c' c' }

                        d'4 d' d' d' }

This is how I have seen it done, with the brace.  One
last nitpick, perhaps a bug.  When I run lilypond on
this, the last barline of the first line is not at the
end of the line.  I don't think I am doing any thing
to cause this.  If anyone knows anything, please help.
 Thanks again.

It seems that this space corresponds to the space used for
the time signature in the new Staff. One crude solution is
to turn off the time signature in the new stave:
<<
  { ...}
  \new Staff { \property Staff.TimeSignature = \turnOff c'4 c' c' c' }

I would use \relative mode in this example to reduce the number of
quote signs.

  /Mats