Newbie Q: Fingering annotations clobbered by lyrics.

From: Alan Robert Clark
Subject: Newbie Q: Fingering annotations clobbered by lyrics.
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 08:21:03 +0200 (SAST)

Hi All

I am learning the piano in ``fake book'' style: treble clef only,
Chordnames, lyrics and now: fingering promptings. (Yes I know I'm a
philistine :-)

1) Is there a way to increase the space between the staff and the lyrics to
   avoid the fingerings being overwritten?

2) Is there a way to put the fingerings on a separate ``line'', ie not tied
   to note heads?

I suspect that 1) is possible, but 2) not.

Thanks for any help. (Using 1.4.6, BTW)
Alan
--
Alan Robert Clark, Pr Eng     Computational Electromagnetics
Associate Professor                 Wits University