Re: Newbie Q: Fingering annotations clobbered by lyrics.

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Newbie Q: Fingering annotations clobbered by lyrics.
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 11:19:27 +0100

For the first question, see

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Vertical-spacing.html#Vertical%20spacing
The default values of minimumVerticalExtent for lyrices voices can be
found at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/LyricsVoice.html#LyricsVoice
and for staves at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/Staff.html#Staff

For the second questions, there are several possibilities. On solution
is to use an extra lyrics line for the fingerings, another is to
(mis)use the figured bass support.

   /Mats

Alan Robert Clark wrote:
Hi All

I am learning the piano in ``fake book'' style: treble clef only,
Chordnames, lyrics and now: fingering promptings. (Yes I know I'm a
philistine :-)

1) Is there a way to increase the space between the staff and the lyrics to
   avoid the fingerings being overwritten?

2) Is there a way to put the fingerings on a separate ``line'', ie not tied
   to note heads?

I suspect that 1) is possible, but 2) not.
Thanks for any help. (Using 1.4.6, BTW)
Alan

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing