Re: Changing pitch

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Changing pitch
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 10:54:48 +0100

Try

\score{
  \notes \transpose c c'' { \myMusic }
}

  /Mats

Guy Shaviv wrote:
I'm typesetting a piece for classical guitar. The classical guitar's note range is from e to g'''. Using the default pitch settings of lilypond is cumbersome as you need to constantly use ' marks. I would like to change the pitch such that c = c'' that is raise the meaning of the pitches by two octaves. I do not want to use \relative mode as it is not uncommon in guitar to have music spanning 2 octaves or more in a single bar and I find the relative nature of \relative is confusing in these cases as you have to contantly use ,, and '' to write such music.

--
Guy Shaviv
+++The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology