Orchestra MIDI

From: Will Oram
Subject: Orchestra MIDI
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 00:21:32 -0500

I'm working on a rerendition of the Fidelio Overture. As it's my first work with orchestral scores, I'm doing a few test lines using only Oboe and Flute.

The output renders fine, but the MIDI only plays the Oboe part. There's no diff between the two parts, particularly because all the MIDI commands occur in the centre file.

This is the entirety of the main file. (Except for the many many instruments I commented out until I finish the Flute/Oboe lines.)

\include "flauti.ly"
\include "oboi.ly"

\score {
  <<
    \context StaffGroup ="woodwinds" <<
      \context Staff ="flauti" <<
        \property Score.MetronomeMark \override #'transparent = ##t
        \property Staff.midiInstrument = #"flute"
                \property Staff.instrument = \markup { \center < "2 Flauti" > }
                \theFlutes

      \context Staff ="oboi" <<
        \property Staff.midiInstrument = #"oboe"
        \property Staff.instrument = \markup { \center < "2 Oboi" > }
        \theOboes

\midi { \tempo 4 = 280 }
  \paper {
        \paperSixteen